About this Stitch Pattern
The two-tone lattice stitch is a mosaic colorwork pattern. Using slipped stitches and only one color at a time, this beautiful lattice design is created. Mosaic stitches are a great way for beginner knitters to experiment with colorwork. They create complex looking patterns while being relatively easy to knit.
The diagonal grid that the two-tone lattice stitch makes is perfect for everything from blankets to pillows to garments. Pair it with some contrasting colored yarns, use two colors that are similar for a subtle look, or use one neutral and one gradient for a color change effect.
[VIDEO] Stitch Pattern Tutorial
Techniques Used In This Stitch Pattern
Stitch Pattern Details
Stitch Pattern Instructions
Cast On: Multiples of 6 + 2
- Prep Row: Using color A, Cast on and knit all stitches
- Row 1 (RS): Using color B, K1, sl1 wyib, *k4, sl 2 wyib; rep from *, end k4, sl 1, k1
- Row 2: P1, sl 1 wyif, *p4, sl 2 wyif; rep from *, end p4, sl 1, p1.
- Row 3: Using color A, K1, sl1 wyib, *k4, sl 2 wyib; rep from *, end k4, sl 1, k1.
- Row 4: K1, sl 1 wyif, *k4, sl 2 wyif; rep from *, end k4, sl 1, k1.
- Row 5: Using color B, K3, *sl 2 wyib, k4; rep from *, end sl 2, k3.
- Row 6: P3, *sl 2 wyif, p4; rep from *, end sl 2, p3.
- Row 7: Using color A, K3, *sl 2 wyib, k4; rep from *, end sl 2, k3.
- Row 8: K3, *sl 2 wyif, k4; rep from *, end sl 2, k3..
Repeat these 8 rows until you have reached your desired length.