This video knitting tutorial will help you learn how to knit the sliding block stitch. This stitch creates an interesting color work pattern. The sliding block stitch would be great for cowls, hats, and sweaters!
- Knit Stitch
- Purl Stitch
- With Yarn in Back – Hold the working yarn in back of the work, as to knit
- With Yarn in Front – Hold the working yarn in front of the work, as to purl
Number of Rows: 8
Multiple of 6 stitches +3
Cast On: Cast On with Color A Multiple of 6 sts + 3. Colors A and B.
- Prep Row – Color A: knit.
- Row 1 (Right Side): With Color B *k5, sl 1 wyib; rep from *, end k3.
- Row 2: With Color A , p3, *sl 1 wyif, p5; rep from *.
- Row 3: k1, *sl 1 wyib, k5; rep from *, end sl 1 k1.
- Row 4: k1, *sl 1 wyif, k5; rep from *, end sl 1, k1.
- Row 5: Switching to Color B , k3, *sl 1 wyib, k5; rep from *.
- Row 6: *p5, sl 1 wyif; rep from *, end p3.
- Row 7: Switching to Color A , k1, *sl 1 wyib, k5; rep from *, end sl 1 k1.
- Row 8: k1, *sl 1 wyif, k5; rep from *, end sl 1, k1.
Repeat rows 1-8 until you have reached your desired length.