About this Stitch Pattern
The barred stripes is a simple and easy mosaic colorwork stitch that creates rows of horizontal, textured stripes. This stitch would be great for afghans, coffee cozies, and phone cases!
[VIDEO] Stitch Pattern Tutorial
Techniques Used In This Stitch Pattern
Stitch Pattern Details
Stitch Pattern Instructions
Cast On: Multiple of 4 sts + 2
- NOTE: Cast on with color A and purl one row.
- Row 1 (Right Side): Color B: K1, *sl 2 wyif, k2; rep from *, end k1.
- Row 2: K1, *p2, sl 2 wyif; rep from *, end k1
- Row 3: Color A: K3, *sl 2 wyif, k2; rep from * to last 3 sts, sl 2 wyif, k1.
- Row 4: K1, *sl 2 wyif, p2; rep from *, end k1
Repeat rows 1-4 until you have reached your desired length.