About this Stitch Pattern
The wave stitch is a reversible lace pattern consisting of rows of garter stitch that rise and fall like waves. This effect is achieved by using extended drop stitches at varying lengths. By offsetting these stitches on alternating rows, the wave like pattern is created. It’s a beautiful design that’s relatively easy to make.
Use this for scarves, shawls, and throws.
[VIDEO] Stitch Pattern Tutorial
Techniques Used In This Stitch Pattern
- Knit next st wrapping yarn twice around needle.
- Knit next st wrapping yarn 3 times around needle.
Stitch Pattern Details
Stitch Pattern Instructions
Cast On: Multiples of 6 + 1
- Row 1 (RS): K1, *KW2, [KW3] twice, KW2, k2; rep from * to end.
- Row 2: Knit, dropping all extra loops of previous row.
- Row 3: KW3, KW2, k2, KW2, *[KW3] twice, KW2, k2, KW2; rep from * to last 2 sts, KW3, k1.
- Row 4: Knit, dropping all extra loops of previous row.
Repeat these 4 rows until you have reached your desired length.