This knitting tutorial will help you learn how to knit the star cluster stitch. This stitch creates a mesh like pattern with a lot of texture. The star cluster stitch would be great for scarves, blankets, and baby blankets!
- Knit Stitch
- Purl Stitch
- Purl Through the Back Loop
- Yarn Over
- Knit 2 Together
- k2tog tbl
- Knit 2 Together Through the Back Loop
- With Yarn In Back
- sl st
- Slip Stitch
Cast On:Multiples of 4 + 2
- Row 1: (Right Side): K1, *k2tog, (yo) twice, k2tog-tbl; rep from *, end k1.
- Row 2: P2, *p1 (the first yo), p1-b (the second yo); Cluster the next 2 sts as follows: sl 2 wyib, bring yarn to front between needles, sl the same 2 sts back to left-hand needle, pass yarn to back between needles, sl the same 2 sts wyib again; rep from *, end p1, p1-b, p2.
- Row 3: K3, *k2tog, (yo) twice, k2tog-b; rep from *, end k3.
- Row 4: P2, *Cluster 2, p1, p1-b; rep from *, end Cluster 2, p2.
Repeat rows 1-4 until you have reached your desired length.