About this Stitch Pattern
The small wavy cable is a simple ribbing pattern where the ribs ripple like a wave. This effect is achieved with a basic two stitch cross. A similar look can be created using a twisted mock cable (which is actually easier to knit), but the result will be less defined. The small wavy cable stitch is a great alternative to traditional ribbing, and it can be used in place of basic rib patterns.
Use this stitch for cuffs on a sweater or sock, or on its own in a hat or scarf.
[VIDEO] Stitch Pattern Tutorial
Techniques Used In This Stitch Pattern
- 1/1 LC
- 1/1 Left Cross (C2B – Cable 2 Back): Sl next st onto cable needle and hold at back of work, knit next st from needle, then knit st from cable needle.
- 1/1 RC
- 1/1 Right Cross (C2F – Cable 2 Front): Sl next st onto cable needle and hold at front of work, knit next st from needle, then knit st from cable needle.
Stitch Pattern Details
Stitch Pattern Instructions
Cast On: Multiples of 3 + 1
- Row 1 (RS): P1, *1/1 LC, p1; rep from * to end.
- Row 2: K1, *p2, k1; rep from * to end.
- Row 3: P1, *1/1 RC, p1; rep from * to end.
- Row 4: K1, *p2, k1; rep from * to end.
Repeat these 4 rows until you have reached your desired length.