The rose garden cable stitch is a simple cable pattern consisting of a central column, framed by columns of twisted stockinette ribs. The result is a fabric that looks a bit like a rose garden. This stitch can be used as a panel, or worked all over to be used in blankets, scarves, or even hats.
- Knit Stitch
- Purl Stitch
- Knit Through the Back Loop
- Purl Through the Back Loop
- Cable 4 Back
Cast On: Multiples of 9 + 5.
- Row 1 (RS): P2, KTBl, p2, *k4, p2, KTBl, p2; Rep from *to end
- Row 2: K2, PTBl, k2, *p4, k2, PTBl, k2; Rep from * to end
- Row 3: P2, KTBl, p2, *C4B, p2, KTBl, p2: Rep from * to end
- Row 4: K2, PTBl, k2, *p4, k2, PTBl, k2; Rep from * to end
Repeat these 4 rows until you have reached your desired length.