The Roman Stripe Stitch is a charming reversible lace knitting pattern that is easy to work. With a combination of garter stitch, stockinette, and openwork, this beginner stitch knits up quickly. It’s a lovely pattern, great for shawls, blankets or throws.
NOTE: This stitch pattern has an odd row count.
Cast On: Multiples of 2
- Row 1: K1, *yo, k1; rep from * to last st, k1
- Row 2: K1, purl to last st, k1
- Row 3: K1, *k2tog; rep from * to last st, k1
- Row 4: K1, *yo, k2tog; rep from * to last st, k1
- Row 5: K1, *yo, k2tog; rep from * to last st, k1
- Row 6: Knit
- Row 7: Knit
Repeat rows 1 – 7 until you have reached your desired length.