This knitting tutorial will help you learn how to knit the oyster stitch. The oyster stitch creates a floral looking design. The oyster stitch would be great for hats, gloves, and headbands!
SOYSILK® brand fiber is made from the residue of soybeans from tofu manufacturing. This process is 100-percent natural and free of any petrochemicals, making it an extremely environmentally friendly product. SOYSILK® brand fiber offers superior moisture absorption and ventilation properties along with beautiful draping, softness and warmth.
These eco-friendly Addi Natura double point needles are created from strong bamboo stock and have a natural touch. Yarns slide easily over the smooth finish. The approximate US size and exact metric size are stamped on the needle. Perfect for knitting in the round to create that warm winter hat or pair of socks! They carry a lifetime warranty from manufacturer’s defect. A great bamboo needle for effortless knitting!
- Knit Stitch
- Purl Stitch
- Oyster 5
- Oyster over 5: Slip next 5 sts to RH needle dropping extra wraps, slip them back to LH needle, (k1,p1,k1,p1,k1) into all 5 sts tog, wrapping yarn twice around needle for each st.
Number of Rows: 8
Multiples of 6 + 7
Cast On: Multiples of 6 + 7
Note: be sure to bring yarn between the needle points (not over needle) for each st when working (k1,p1,k1,p1,k1) into all 5 sts tog.
- Row 1: (Right Side): Knit across.
- Row 2: P1, *p5, wrapping yarn twice around needle for each st, p1; rep from * across.
- Row 3: K1, *Oyster 5, k1; rep from * across.
- Row 4: P1, *k5, dropping extra wraps, p1; rep from * across.
- Row 5: Knit across.
- Row 6: P4, *p5, wrapping yarn twice around needle for each st, p1; rep from * to last 3 sts, p3.
- Row 7: K4, *Oyster 5, k1; rep from * to last 3 sts, k3.
- Row 8: P4, *k5, dropping extra wraps, p1; rep from * to last 3 sts, p3.
Repeat rows 1-8 until you have reached your desired length.