About this Stitch Pattern
The mutton chop cable is a panel stitch made with a textured cable that looks like an old fashion mutton chop beard. By interrupting a traditional cable pattern with a stripe of reverse stockinette, this stitch creates a unique and interesting texture. While it is meant to be used as a panel, multiple repeats can be done in sequence creating an all over textured fabric.
Try this cable stitch in a scarf or washcloth.
[VIDEO] Stitch Pattern Tutorial
Techniques Used In This Stitch Pattern
Stitch Pattern Details
Stitch Pattern Instructions
Cast On: Panel of 22 sts
- Row 1 (WS): K2, *p8, k2, repeat from *.
- Row 2: K10, p2, k10.
- Row 3: K2, *p8, k2, repeat from *.
- Row 4: K2, 4/4 PLC, p2, 4/4 PRC, k2.
- Row 5: K6, p4, k2, p4, k6.
- Row 6: K2, p4, k4, p2, k4, p4, k2.
- Row 7: K6, p4, k2, p4, k6.
- Row 8: K10, p2, k10.
- Row 9: K2, *p8, k2, repeat from *.
- Row 10: K10, p2, k10.
Repeat these 10 rows