The Loose Five Rib Braid Cable stitch is beautiful aran cable pattern. Consisting of five braided ribs, this panel stitch can work on its own in a scarf, or as an accent around a shawl collar. It can also be paired with other cable patterns to create aran blankets and sweaters.
- Knit Stitch
- Purl Stitch
- 3/2 LPC
- 3 over 2 Left Purl Cross (T5L – Twist 5 Left) – Slip 3 sts to cn and hold in front, p2, k3 from cn.
- 3/2 RPC
- 3 over 2 Right Purl Cross (T5R – Twist 5 Right) – Slip 2 st to cn and hold in back, k3, p2 from cn.
Cast On: Panel of 18 Stitches
- Row 1 (WS): K2, (p2, k1) 4 times, p2, k2
- Row 2: P2, (k2, p1) 4 times, k2, p2
- Row 3: K2, (p2, k1) 4 times, p2, k2
- Row 4: P2, k2, (p1, 3/2 LPC) twice, p2
- Row 5: K2, (p2, k1) 4 times, p2, k2
- Row 6: P2, (k2, p1) 4 times, k2, p2
- Row 7: K2, (p2, k1) 4 times, p2, k2
- Row 8: P2, (3/2 RPC, p1) twice, k2, p2
Repeat rows 1 – 8 until you have reached your desired length.