This knitting tutorial will help you learn how to knit the diagonal brioche stitch. This stitch creates a diagonal knitting pattern with a lot of texture. The diagonal brioche stitch would be great for hats, blankets, and baby booties!
Cast On:Any odd number.
- Note: All slip-stiches are slipped with yarn in back. The Preparation Row is not to be repeated.
- Prep: (Wrong side):P2, *sl 1, yo, p1; rep from * to end p1.
- Row 1: Sl 1, p1, *sl the yo knitwise, p2; rep from *, end, p1.
- Row 2: P1, *sl 1, yo, p2tog; rep from *, end sl 1, yo, p1.
- Row 3: P1, *sl the yo knitwise, p2; rep from *.
- Row 4: Sl 1, p2tog, *sl 1, yo, p2tog; rep from *, end p1.
Repeat rows 1-4 until you have reached your desired length.
Example of the Diagonal Brioche Stitch. Right Side (Click for Larger Image)
Example Of the Diagonal Brioche Stitch. Wrong Side (Click for Larger Image)