About this Stitch Pattern
The diagonal brioche stitch creates a fabric with heavily textured diagonal ribs. This takes a traditional brioche fabric and creates a slanting version with a unique look. The fabric is still stretchy and maintains the fluffiness characteristic of brioche. It can be used in scarves, shawls, hats, and anything else that will benefit from diagonal lines this pattern creates.
[VIDEO] Stitch Pattern Tutorial
Techniques Used In This Stitch Pattern
Stitch Pattern Details
Stitch Pattern Instructions
Cast On: Any odd number of stitches
Note: All slip-stiches are slipped with yarn in back. The Preparation Row is not to be repeated.
- Prep (WS): P2, *sl 1, yo, p1; rep from * to end p1.
- Row 1: Sl 1, p1, *sl the yo knitwise, p2; rep from *, end, p1.
- Row 2: P1, *sl 1, yo, p2tog; rep from *, end sl 1, yo, p1.
- Row 3: P1, *sl the yo knitwise, p2; rep from *.
- Row 4: Sl 1, p2tog, *sl 1, yo, p2tog; rep from *, end p1.
Repeat rows 1-4 until you have reached your desired length.