This knitting tutorial will help you learn how to knit the diagonal brioche stitch. This stitch creates a diagonal knitting pattern with a lot of texture. The diagonal brioche stitch would be great for hats, blankets, and baby booties!
This unbelievably soft wool is made from shrink treated Merino Lambs Wool. It offers the wonderful qualities of traditionally spun wool, but with the convenience of machine washing and drying. Garments made from this yarn will not shrink or fade after numerous machine washings and dryings. Made in the USA.
Takumi is light in weight with a warm natural touch. Bamboo is the ideal material for making knitting needles. The finest bamboo is used to manufacture knitting needles with accurate specifications. Each knitting needle is polished for smoothness. Practical bamboo improves with age, making these special Takumi Bamboo needles a long-lasting addition to your knitting bag.
Cast On:Any odd number.
- Note: All slip-stiches are slipped with yarn in back. The Preparation Row is not to be repeated.
- Prep: (Wrong side):P2, *sl 1, yo, p1; rep from * to end p1.
- Row 1: Sl 1, p1, *sl the yo knitwise, p2; rep from *, end, p1.
- Row 2: P1, *sl 1, yo, p2tog; rep from *, end sl 1, yo, p1.
- Row 3: P1, *sl the yo knitwise, p2; rep from *.
- Row 4: Sl 1, p2tog, *sl 1, yo, p2tog; rep from *, end p1.
Repeat rows 1-4 until you have reached your desired length.
Example of the Diagonal Brioche Stitch. Right Side (Click for Larger Image)
Example Of the Diagonal Brioche Stitch. Wrong Side (Click for Larger Image)