This knitting tutorial will help you learn how to knit the diagonal brioche stitch. This stitch creates a diagonal knitting pattern with a lot of texture. The diagonal brioche stitch would be great for hats, blankets, and baby booties!
Cast On:Any odd number.
- Note: All slip-stiches are slipped with yarn in back. The Preparation Row is not to be repeated.
- Prep: (Wrong side):P2, *sl 1, yo, p1; rep from * to end p1.
- Row 1: Sl 1, p1, *sl the yo knitwise, p2; rep from *, end, p1.
- Row 2: P1, *sl 1, yo, p2tog; rep from *, end sl 1, yo, p1.
- Row 3: P1, *sl the yo knitwise, p2; rep from *.
- Row 4: Sl 1, p2tog, *sl 1, yo, p2tog; rep from *, end p1.
Repeat rows 1-4 until you have reached your desired length.