This video knitting tutorial will help you learn how to knit the checkerboard stitch. This stitch creates a checkerboard design. The checkerboard stitch would be great for scarves, hats, and blankets!
The silver content in SilverSpun makes it therapeutic and conductive. Silver kills a number of bacteria, including those that cause odor, has excellent thermal properties, is nontoxic and is perfect for those with sensitive skin. Silver is also an excellent conductive agent, thus allowing smartphone or tablet touch screen use while wearing gloves knit from this yarn. The silver is permanently adhered to the yarn and will not wash out. Made in the USA.
Double pointed needles are necessary for many projects such as socks and hats. Boye’s Perfection PointsTM help prevent dropped stitches and the rounded head allows for fast knitting without splitting the yarn. The needles are made of an anodized aluminum which helps you finish your project faster and easier. Reach for these quality needles the next time you need to knit in the round.
- Knit Stitch
- Purl Stitch
Number of Rows: 8
Multiple of 8+ 4 sts
Cast On:Multiple of 8+ 4 sts.
- Row 1: K4, *p4, k4; rep from * to end.
- Row 2: P4, *k4, p4; rep from * to end.
- Row 3: K4, *p4, k4; rep from * to end.
- Row 4: P4, *k4, p4; rep from * to end.
- Row 5: P4, *k4, p4; rep from * to end.
- Row 6: K4, *p4, k4; rep from * to end.
- Row 7: P4, *k4, p4; rep from * to end.
- Row 8: K4, *p4, k4; rep from * to end.
Repeat rows 1-8 until you have reached your desired length.
Example of the Checkerboard Stitch. Reversible (Click for Larger Image)