About this Stitch Pattern
The checked rose stitch is a two colored stitch in the brioche family. It’s a double layered fabric, with one color used for the front of the stitch and a second color for the back. The resulting window panes allow alternate colors to show. The checked rose stitch is also a reversible pattern, with the inverse color coming through on the wrong side. Like all brioche stitches, this pattern has a fluffy, thick fabric, that’s incredibly soft and warm.
This knitting pattern is perfect for blankets, scarves, and even hats.
[VIDEO] Stitch Pattern Tutorial
Techniques Used In This Stitch Pattern
Stitch Pattern Details
Stitch Pattern Instructions
Cast On: Multiples of 2 + 1
Note: This pattern must be worked back and forth on a circular needle or a pair of double-pointed needles.
- Prep Row: Color B – Knit all stitches
- Row 1 (Wrong side): Color A – k1, *knit next st in the row below, k1; rep from *.
- Row 2: Color A – knit first st in the row below, *k1, knit next st in the row below; rep from *.
- Row 3: Color B – k1, *knit next st in the row below, k1; rep from *.
- Row 4: Sl all sts to other end of needle and with Color A, repeat Row 2.
- Row 5: Color A – k1, *knit next st in the row below, k1; rep from *.
- Row 6: Sl all sts to other end of needle and with Color B, repeat Row 2.
Repeat rows 1-6 until you have reached your desired length.