This knitting tutorial will help you learn how to knit the caterpillar stitch. This simple stitch adds a playful bit of texture to any project. Great for children’s garments and bags!
Cast On: Multiples of 8 + 6
- Row 1: (right side) k4, p2, *k6, p2; rep from * to end
- Row 2: p1, k2, *p6, k2; rep from * to last 3 sts, p3
- Row 3: k2, p2, *k6, p2; rep from * to last 2 sts, k2
- Row 4: p3, k2, *p6, k2; rep from * to last st, p1
- Row 5: p2, *k6, p2; rep from * to last 4sts, k4
- Row 6: Purl.
Repeat rows 1 – 6 until you have reached your desired length.