About this Stitch Pattern
The Arruga stitch is a great textural pattern stitch. It uses front post and back post stitches to create a reversible pebbled appearance throughout the fabric. This pattern is great for washcloths and projects where you want bold texture.
[VIDEO] Stitch Pattern Tutorial
Techniques Used In This Stitch Pattern
Stitch Pattern Details
Stitch Pattern Instructions
Foundation Chain: Ch an even number of sts
- Row 1(RS): Dc in 4th ch from hk and each ch across, turn.
- Row 2: ch 1, sc in 1st dc, *BPsc in next sc, FPsc in next sc; rep from * across, sc in top of t-ch, turn.
- Row 3: ch 3 (counts as dc), dc in each sc across, turn.
- Row 4: ch 1, sc in 1st dc, *FPsc in next sc, BPsc in next sc; rep from * across, sc in top of t-ch, turn.
- Row 5: ch 3 (counts as dc), dc in each sc across, turn.
Repeat rows 2-5 until you have reached your desired length.