This knitting tutorial will help you learn how to knit the oyster stitch. The oyster stitch creates a floral looking design. The oyster stitch would be great for hats, gloves, and headbands!
SOYSILK® brand fiber is made from the residue of soybeans from tofu manufacturing. This process is 100-percent natural and free of any petrochemicals, making it an extremely environmentally friendly product. SOYSILK® brand fiber offers superior moisture absorption and ventilation properties along with beautiful draping, softness and warmth.
A pair of knitting needles.
- Knit Stitch
- Purl Stitch
- Oyster 5
- Oyster over 5: Slip next 5 sts to RH needle dropping extra wraps, slip them back to LH needle, (k1,p1,k1,p1,k1) into all 5 sts tog, wrapping yarn twice around needle for each st.
Cast On:Multiples of 6 + 7
- Note: be sure to bring yarn between the needle points (not over needle) for each st when working (k1,p1,k1,p1,k1) into all 5 sts tog.
- Row 1: (Right Side): Knit across.
- Row 2: P1, *p5, wrapping yarn twice around needle for each st, p1; rep from * across.
- Row 3: K1, *Oyster 5, k1; rep from * across.
- Row 4: P1, *k5, dropping extra wraps, p1; rep from * across.
- Row 5: Knit across.
- Row 6: P4, *p5, wrapping yarn twice around needle for each st, p1; rep from * to last 3 sts, p3.
- Row 7: K4, *Oyster 5, k1; rep from * to last 3 sts, k3.
- Row 8: P4, *k5, dropping extra wraps, p1; rep from * to last 3 sts, p3.
Repeat rows 1-8 until you have reached your desired length.