About this Stitch Pattern
The Lotus Flower Stitch is a beautiful lacy pattern that creates a tight fabric that resembles interlocking flower blossoms. Using a unique knot stitch, this gorgeous pattern is a little difficult to master, but the result is well worth it. It’s great for a scarf, shawl, wrap, or blanket.
[VIDEO] Stitch Pattern Tutorial
Techniques Used In This Stitch Pattern
- Purl Stitch
- Purl Three Together Make Three – Insert working needle into the first 3 sets on main needle, p3tog, keeping sts on main needle. Yo, insert working needle back into all 3 sts, p3tog.
- Purl Five Together Make Five – Insert working needle into the first 5 sts on main needle, p5tog. [Yo, insert working needle back into all 5 sts, p5tog] twice, slip the 5 working sts off of main needle.
Stitch Pattern Details
Stitch Pattern Instructions
Cast On: Multiples of 6 + 1
- Row 1: Purl all stitches.
- Row 2: P1, *p5togm5, p1; rep from * to end.
- Row 3: Purl all Stitches.
- Row 4: P3togm3, p1, *p5togm5, p1; rep from * to last 3 sts, p3togm3.
Repeat rows 1 – 4 until you have reached your desired length.