This video knitting tutorial will help you learn how to knit the star rib mesh stitch. This stitch creates a fancy lace and vertical rib design. The star rib mesh stitch would be great for scarves, shrugs, shawls!
- Knit Stitch
- Purl Stitch
- Yarn Over
- Pass Slip Stitch Over
- Knit 2 Together
- Slip Slip Knit – Slip the next 2 stitches, one at a time as if to knit, to the working needle. Insert the main needle into the fronts of these two stitches and knit them together.
- Pass 2 Slip Stitch Over- insert needle into the fronts of the 2nd and 1st sts on the left hand needle, as if to knit 2 tog; do not knit these sts together, but slip them, both at once, from this position. Knit the next st on left hand needle, then insert left hand needle point into both slipped stitches at once and draw them together over the knit st and off right hand needle.
Cast On: Multiple of 4 sts + 1.
- Row 1 (Wrong Side): purl.
- Row 2: k1, *yo, sl 2 knitwise k1 p2sso, yo, k1; rep from *.
- Row 3: purl.
- Row 4: ssk, yo, k1, *yo, sl 2 knitwise k1 p2sso, yo k1; rep from *, end yo, k2tog
Repeat rows 1-4 until you reach your desired length.