The English Mesh Lace Stitch creates a fancy lace design with lots of texture. The English Mesh Lace stitch would be great for shrugs, blouses, shawls!
- Knit Stitch
- Purl Stitch
- Knit 2 Together
- Yarn Over
- Pass Slip Stitch Over
- Slip Slip Knit – Slip the next 2 stitches, one at a time as if to knit, to the working needle. Insert the main needle into the fronts of these two stitches and knit them together.
Cast On: Multiple of 6 sts + 1.
- Row 1 (Wrong Side): purl.
- Row 2: k1, *yo, ssk, k1, k2tog, yo, k1; rep from *.
- Row 3: purl.
- Row 4: k1, *yo, k1, sl 1, k2tog, psso, k1, yo, k1; rep from *.
- Row 5: purl.
- Row 6: k1, *k2tog, yo, k1, yo, ssk, k1; rep from *.
- Row 7: purl.
- Row 8: k2tog, *(k1, yo) twice, k1, sl 1, k2tog, psso; rep from * to last 5 sts, end (k1, yo) twice, k1, ssk.
Repeat rows 1-8 until you have reached your desired length.