About this Stitch Pattern
This knitting tutorial will help you learn how to knit the zigzag openwork stitch. This stitch creates a delicate yet utilitarian open fabric. The zigzag openwork stitch would be great for making market bags, summer sweaters and stoles!
[VIDEO] Stitch Pattern Tutorial
Techniques Used In This Stitch Pattern
Stitch Pattern Details
Stitch Pattern Instructions
Cast On: Multiples of 2 + 1
- Note: Sts should only be counted after 2nd and 4th rows.
- Row 1: (right side) K1, *k2tog; rep from * to end.
- Row 2: k1, *M1, k1; rep from * to end.
- Row 3: *k2tog; rep from * to end.
- Row 4: k1, *M1, k1; rep from * to end.
Repeat these 4 rows until you have reached your desired length.