This knitting tutorial will help you learn how to knit the wavy cable rib stitch. This simple cable stitch that is a different twist on the traditional rib pattern. It is a good introduction to using a cable needle for the beginner to learn and can easily be done without a cable needle as well. It’s great for scarves, hats, and afghans.
- Knit Stitch
- Purl Stitch
- Cable 2 Front: Slip one st onto cable needle and hold to front, k1, k1 off of cable needle
- Cable 2 Back: Slip one st onto cable needle and hold to back, k1, k1 off of cable needle
- Right Twist
- Left Twist
Cast On: Multiples of 3 + 1
- Row 1 (RS): K1, *p2, k1, * rep from* to end.
- Row 2: P1, *C2F, p1,* rep from * to end.
- Row 3: rep Row 1.
- Row 4: P1, *C2B, p1,* rep form * to end.
Repeat Rows 1-4 until you have reached your desired length.