About this Stitch Pattern
The Totem Pole Lace Panel is a geometric pattern resembling the carved totems found in many indigenous cultures. The bold graphics incorporate columns of textured “V” shaped panels, similar to eagle’s wings stacked atop each other. The resulting fabric is good for large square or rectangular pieces of fabric like blankets, scarves, and sock cuffs.
[VIDEO] Stitch Pattern Tutorial
Techniques Used In This Stitch Pattern
Stitch Pattern Details
Stitch Pattern Instructions
Cast On: Multiples of 16
- Row 1 (WS): K1, p14, k1.
- Row 2: P1, k3, k2tog, yo, k4, yo, ssk, k3, p1.
- Row 3: K1, p14, k1.
- Row 4: P1, k2, k2tog, yo, k6, yo, ssk, k2, p1.
- Row 5: K1, p14, k1.
- Row 6: P1, k1, k2tog, yo, k2, p4, k2, yo, ssk, k1, p1.
- Row 7: K1, p5, k4, p5,, k1.
- Row 8: P1, k2tog, yo, k3, p4, k3, yo, ssk, p1.
Repeat these 8 rows until you have reached your desired length.