The Open Chain Ribbing stitch takes a traditional rib and gives it a feminine twist. By incorporating simple lace eyelets the ribs are transformed into a multi-textured lattice. This is a great stitch for scarves and blankets and looks equally nice on men and women.
- Knit Stitch
- Purl Stitch
- Purl Through the Back Loop
- Knit 2 Together
- Yarn Over
- Yarn Forward Round Needle
Cast On: Multiples of 6 + 2
- Row 1 (WS): K2, *p4, k2; rep from * to end
- Row 2: P2, *k2tog, [yo] twice, sl 1, k1, psso, p2; rep from * to end
- Row 3: K2, *p1, purl into front of first yo, purl into back of 2nd yo, p1, k2; rep from * to end
- Row 4: P2, *yo, sl 1, k1, psso, k2tog, yfrn, p2; rep from * to end
Repeat rows 1-4 until you have reached your desired length.