The Double Lace Rib Stitch is a relatively simple way to dress up the rib stitch that does not pull in the the fabric as much as traditional ribbing. The double lace rib would be great as a decorative panel in any project or could be used to add a little bit of beautiful texture. It’s perfect for a scarf just on it’s own.
- Knit Stitch
- Purl Stitch
- Yarn Over
- k2tog tbl
- Knit Two Together Through the Back Loop
- Knit Two Together
- Yarn Forward Round Needle
Cast On: Multiples of 6 + 2
- Row 1 (Right Side): K2, *p1, yo, K2tog tbl, p1, k2; rep from * to end
- Row 2: p2, *k1, p2; rep * to end
- Row 3: K2, *P1, K2tog, yfrn, p1, k2; rep from * to end
- Row 4: p2, *k1, p2; rep * to end
Repeat rows 1-4 until you have reached your desired length.