The Textured Ripple Stitch is a crochet pattern which creates a textured fabric through the use of the front post triple crochet. Because of its smooth back, it would work well for a tote bag or a hat.
- Chain Stitch
- Single Crochet
- Double Crochet
- Front Post Triple/ Treble Crochet or Tr/rf (raised treble crochet at the front of fabric) = wrap the yarn around the hook, insert the hook from in front and from right to left around the stem of the appropriate stitch, and complete the stitch normally
Foundation Chain: Multiples of 2 + 3
- Row 1 (Right Side): skip 3ch (count as 1 dc), 1 dc into each ch to end, turn.
- Row 2: 1 ch (counts as 1 sc), skip first st, 1sc into each st to end, working last st into top of tch, turn.
- Row 3: 3 ch (count as 1 dc), skip first st,*1tr/rf around dc below next st, 1dc into next st; rep from * to end, turn.
- Row 4: 1 ch (counts as 1 sc), skip first st, 1sc into each st to end, working last st into top of tch, turn.
- Row 5: 3ch (count as 1dc) skip first st, *1dc into next st, 1 tr/rf, around dc below next st; rep from * to last 2 sts, 1 dc into each of last 2 sts, turn.
Repeat rows 2 – 5 until you have reached your desired length.