About this Stitch Pattern
This crochet tutorial will help you learn how to crochet the norman arch stitch. This stitch creates a combination of arches and an openwork pattern. The norman arch stitch would be great for shawls, blankets and scarves!
[VIDEO] Stitch Pattern Tutorial
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Techniques Used In This Stitch Pattern
Stitch Pattern Details
Multiple of 9 + 1
Stitch Pattern Instructions
Foundation Chain:Multiple of 9 sts + 1.
- Row 1: (Wrong Side): 1sc into 2nd ch from hook, *3ch, skip 3ch, 1sc into next ch, 7ch, 1sc into next ch, 3ch, skip 3ch, 1sc into next ch; rep from * to end, turn.
- Row 2: 1ch, 1sc into first sc, *skip 3ch, work 13dc into next 7ch arch, skip 3ch, 1sc into next st; rep from * to end, skip tch, turn.
- Row 3: 5ch (count as 1dtr), skip first sc and next 5dc, *[1dc into next dc, 3ch] twice, 1dc into next dc**, skip [next 5dc, 1sc and 5dc]; rep from * ending last rep at **, skip next 5dc, 1dtr into last sc, skip tch, turn.
- Row 4: 3ch (count as 1dc), skip first st and next dc, *1dc into next ch, 1ch, skip 1ch, 1dc into next ch, 3ch, skip 1dc, 1dc into next ch, 1ch, skip 1ch, 1dc into next ch**, skip next 2dc; rep from * ending last rep at **, skip next dc, 1dc into top of tch, turn.
- Row 5: 6ch (count as 1dc and 3ch), *skip next 1ch sp, work [1sc, 7ch, 1sc] into next 3ch sp, 3ch, skip next 1ch sp**, 1dc between next 2dc, 3ch; rep from * ending last rep at **, 1dc into top of tch, turn.
Repeat rows 2-5 until you have reached your desired length.
Stitch Pattern Swatch Photos