The Nautical Wheel Motif looks similar to a ship’s wheel. It would make a great decoration for housewares, or any other application where a round motif could be used.
- Chain Stitch
- Half Double Crochet
- Triple Crochet
- Beginning Cluster – *yo, twice, pick up a loop in designated space, [yo, draw through 2 loops on hook] twice, rep from * once, yo, through all 3 loops on hook.
- Cluster – *yo twice, pick up a loop in designated space, [yo, draw through 2 loops on hook] twice, rep from * twice, yo through all 4 loops on hook.
Number of Rows: 3
Foundation Chain: Chain 6, join with a Sl st to form a ring.
- Row 1: Ch 5 (counts as a tr, ch 2), *[1tr, ch 2] 11 times in ring, join with a Sl st to 3rd ch of beg ch-5 (12tr, 12 ch-2 spaces)
- Row 2: Sl st in next ch-2 space, ch 3, work a beg cluster in the same space, ch 3, *cluster in next ch-3 space, ch 3, rep from * 10 times, join with a Sl st to top of beg ch-3.
- Row 3: Sl st, in next ch-3 space, ch 2 (counts as first hdc), [2 hdc, ch 3, hdc in last hdc made (picot made), 2 hdc] in first ch-3 space, *[3 hdc, ch 3, 1 hdc in last hdc made (picot made), 2 hdc] in next ch-3 space, rep from * around, join with Sl st to top of beg ch-2, end off.