This crochet tutorial will help you learn how to crochet the cats eyes stitch. This stitch creates a dense but delicate pattern with lots of texture. The cats eyes stitch would be great for afghans, blankets and baby blankets!
- Chain Stitch
- Single Crochet
- Double Crochet
- Treble Crochet
- Cross 3 Right- skip 2sc, work 1tr into next sc, working behind last tr work 1dc into each of 2 skipped sc.
- Cross 3 Left- skip 1sc, work 1dc into each of next 2sc, working in front of last 2dc work 1tr into skipped sc.
Foundation Chain:Multiple of 8 + 2
- Row 1: (Wrong Side): Work 1sc into 2nd ch from hook, 1sc into each ch to end, turn.
- Row 2: 3ch (count as 1dc), skip 1st sc, *Cr3R, 1dc into next sc, Cr3L, 1dc into next sc; rep from * to end, turn.
- Row 3: 1ch, work 1sc into each st to end placing last sc into 3rd of 3ch at beg of previous row, turn.
Repeat row 2 and 3 ending with a 2nd row until you have reached your desired length.