This knitting tutorial will help you learn how to knit the knot ridges with twists stitch. This stitch uses two colors, slip stitches and a 3 stitch cable to create a lovely fabric with little bumps and twists. The knot ridges with twists stitch would be great to for baby sweaters, mittens or cozy lap blankets.
Breakfast Blend is a delicious, 3-ply pairing of soft, combed merino and alpaca yarn, which knits up into a luxurious, velvety fabric. The alpaca contributes a silky hand while the merino keeps the yarn bouncy and light; the resulting fabric has a warm density and soft halo without weight, perfect for garments, accessories, or blankets.
A pair of knitting needles.
- Knit Stitch
- Purl Stitch
- sl st
- Slip Stitch
- Cable 3 Right – slip next 2sts onto cable needle hold to back of work, k1, k2 from cable needle.
Cast On: Multiples of 8 + 5
- Note: Slip all stitches purlwise
- Row 1: (right side) Using A, k5, *C3R, k5; rep from * to end
- Row 2: Using A, purl
- Row 3: Using B, [k1, sl 1] twice, k1, * sl 3, [k1, sl 1] twice, k1; rep from * to end
- Row 4: Using B, [k1, sl 1] twice, k1, * yf, sl 3, yb, [k1, sl 1] twice, k1; rep from * to end
Repeat rows 1-4 until you have reached your desired length.