This knitting tutorial will help you learn how to knit the fancy openwork stitch. The fancy openwork stitch creates a net like design, but delicate. The fancy openwork stitch would be great for hats, blankets, and shawls!
Tracie Too is a worsted spun version of Imperial’s popular woolen spun Tracie Yarn. With a very soft hand it knits up in a lovely lofty fabric. At 395 yards per skein, this yarn is a great choice for single skein shawl and sock projects. Available in eight rich colors as well as Natural.
A pair of knitting needles.
Cast On:Multiples of 4
- Note: Sts should only be counted after the 2nd and 4th rows.
- Row 1: (Right Side): K2, *yo, k4; rep from * to last 2 sts, yo, k2.
- Row 2: P2tog, *(k1, p1) into the yo of the previous row, [p2tog] twice; rep from * to last 3 sts, (k1, p1) into the yo, p2tog.
- Row 3: K4, *yo, k4; rep from * to end.
- Row 4: P2, p2tog, *(k1,p1) into the yo of previous row, [p2tog] twice; rep from * to last 5 sts, (k1, p1) into the yo, p2tog, p2.
Repeat rows 1-4 until you have reached your desired length.