About this technique
The Russian Bind Off is a way of finishing your work, securing your stitches at the end of your project so that it doesn’t unravel. The difference that makes the Russian Bind Off special is that it uses a more efficient method of performing the knitted bind off, by knitting two together at a time instead of having to pass so many stitches over. This is also a loose and very stretchy bind off.
[VIDEO] How to do this technique
- Step 1: Knit 1 stitch.
- Step 2: Place the stitch you just knit back onto the main needle.
- Step 3: Insert the working needle into the stitch purlwise.
- Step 4: Insert the tip of the working needle into the second stitch on the main needle knitwise.
- Step 5: Yo and draw the yarn through both of the stitches.
- Step 6: Slip the two stitches off the main needle, completing the k2tog.
Repeat steps 2-6 until required number of stitches are bound off.