About this Stitch Pattern
The Knitted Cast On is a very strong cast on, suitable for garment edges and other locations with lots of wear and tear. Casting on is the way to begin any knitting project. This method is also great for the beginner knitter to learn because it the basic knit stitch while learning to cast on.
[VIDEO] Stitch Pattern Tutorial
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Techniques Used In This Stitch Pattern
Stitch Pattern Details
Stitch Pattern Instructions
- Step 1: Take a length of yarn from your ball of yarn.
- Step 2: Make a slip knot and insert the needle into the loop. Tighten slip knot onto needle. This is your first stitch.Tip: Be sure to leave enough on the tail of the yarn to weave in later.
- Step 3: Take your second needle and insert the tip into the stitch with the needle under your main needle. Insert at an angle so your needles cross forming an “X”.
- Step 4: Hold your crossed needles together where they intersect with your non-dominant hand.
- Step 5: With your dominant hand take the yarn connected to your ball and wrap it around the bottom needle. Begin by going under, around, and then over.
- Step 6: Take the bottom needle and bring it back through the stitch pulling the yarn with it.
- Step 7: With the yarn still on the needle in your dominant hand, stretch the yarn out in front of you main needle and slip the tip of your main needle through.
- Step 8: Remove the needle in your dominant hand and tighten the yarn onto the main needle.
Repeat steps 3-8 until you have reached the desired amount of stitches on your needle.