This video knitting tutorial will help you learn how to knit the hyacinth blossom stitch. This stitch creates a delicate design with lots of texture. The hyacinth blossom stitch would be great for shrugs, shawls, and headbands!
- Knit Stitch
- Purl Stitch
- Purl 5 Together – Insert needle through next 5 sts and purl 5 sts together.
Cast On:Multiple of 6 + 2.
- Row 1 (Wrong Side): k1, *p5tog, [k1, p1, k1, p1, k1] into next st; rep from * to last st, k1.
- Row 2: purl.
- Row 3: k1, *[k1, p1, k1, p1, k1] into next st, p5tog; rep from * to last st, k1.
- Row 4: purl.
- Row 5: knit this row winding yarn round the needle 3 times for each st.
- Row 6: purl to end dropping extra loops.
Repeat rows 1-6 until you have reached your desired length.