This crochet tutorial will help you learn how to crochet the waves stitch. This stitch creates a beautiful two color wave pattern with a lot of texture. The waves stitch would be great for hats, coffee cozies and scarves!
Sourced the softest wool WEBS could find and dyed in a beautiful collection of solid colors and heathered shades. It is a dream to felt and soft enough for cozy garments. Valley Yarns Northampton also has a whopping 247 yards per skein. It is beautiful and economical. Made in Peru.
Crafted in a dense, hard wood, these hooks from Laurel Hill are a pleasure to own and use. Palmwood has a strong, dark grain - and these hooks are made with a large, comfortable-to-use flat surface for the thumb of your working hand. Palmwood is very dense so it can be finely polished- you feel no wood grain, just a fine smooth crochet surface.
Foundation Chain:Multiples of 8 + 2
- Note: Use 2 colors A and B. Colors are carried up sides.
- Foundation Row: Color A: sc in 2nd ch from hook, *1sc in next ch, 1hdc in next ch, 1dc in each of next 3ch, 1hdc next ch, 1sc in each of 2ch, rep from * across, turn.
- Row 1: Color A: ch 1 (counts as 1st sc), skip 1st st, 1sc in each st across. drop A, draw color B through last loop, turn.
- Row 2: Color B: ch 3 (counts as 1st dc), skip 1st st, *1dc in next st, 1hdc next st, 1sc in each of next 3 sts, 1hdc next st, 1dc in each of the next 2 sts, rep from * across, ending with last dc in top of tch, turn.
- Row 3: Color B: ch 1 (counts as 1st sc), skip 1st st, 1sc in each st across, ending with 1sc in top of tch. Drop color B, draw color A through last loop, turn.
- Row 4: Color A: ch 1 (counts as 1st sc), skip 1st st, 1sc next st, *1hdc next st, 1dc in each of next 3 sts, 1hdc in next st**, 1sc in each of the next 3 sts, rep from * across, ending last rep at **, 1sc next st, 1sc in top of tch, turn.
Repeat rows 1-4 until you have reached your desired length.
Example of the Waves Stitch. Reversible (Click for Larger Image)