This video crochet tutorial will help you learn how to crochet the split single crochet stitch. This crochet is a variation of the single crochet stitch. It’s wonderful for a wash cloth or fabric that you want to be durable.
- Step 1: Take the tip of the crochet hook and insert it into the center of the upside-down “V” (This may be a little difficult)
- Step 2: Yarn over the hook
- Step 3: Pull the yarn through creating two loops in the hook
- Step 4: Yarn over the hook
- Step 5: Pull the yarn through both loops creating one loop
Here’s what your pattern should look like: