About this Stitch Pattern
This crochet tutorial will help you learn how to crochet the loopy ridges stitch. This stitch creates an interesting delicate pattern with a lot of texture. The loopy ridges stitch would be great for shrugs, cowls and throws!
[VIDEO] Stitch Pattern Tutorial
Techniques Used In This Stitch Pattern
Stitch Pattern Details
Stitch Pattern Instructions
Foundation Chain:An even number of sts.
- Foundation Row: 1dc in 4th ch from hook, 1dc in each ch across, turn.
- Row 1: (Wrong Side): ch 1, working in back loops of sts, 1sc in 1st st, *ch 7, 1sc in each of next 2sc, rep from * across row, ending with ch 7, 1sc in top of tch, turn.
- Row 2: ch 1, Sl st in 1st st, ch 3 (counts as a dc now and throughout), with loops pushed to front, working in back loops of sts, dc in each st across, turn.
- Row 3: ch 3 (counts as a dc), skip 1st dc, working in both loops of sts, 1dc in each st across, 1dc in top of the tch, turn.
- Row 4: ch 3 (counts as a dc), skip 1st dc, working in both loops of sts, 1dc in each st across, 1dc in top of the tch, turn.
Repeat rows 1-4 until you have reached your desired length.
Stitch Pattern Swatch Photos