This crochet tutorial will help you learn how to crochet the loopy ridges stitch. This stitch creates an interesting delicate pattern with a lot of texture. The loopy ridges stitch would be great for shrugs, cowls and throws!
Sourced the softest wool WEBS could find and dyed in a beautiful collection of solid colors and heathered shades. It is a dream to felt and soft enough for cozy garments. Valley Yarns Northampton also has a whopping 247 yards per skein. It is beautiful and economical. Made in Peru.
A crochet hook.
Foundation Chain:An even number of sts.
- Foundation Row: 1dc in 4th ch from hook, 1dc in each ch across, turn.
- Row 1: (Wrong Side): ch 1, working in back loops of sts, 1sc in 1st st, *ch 7, 1sc in each of next 2sc, rep from * across row, ending with ch 7, 1sc in top of tch, turn.
- Row 2: ch 1, Sl st in 1st st, ch 3 (counts as a dc now and throughout), with loops pushed to front, working in back loops of sts, dc in each st across, turn.
- Row 3: ch 3 (counts as a dc), skip 1st dc, working in both loops of sts, 1dc in each st across, 1dc in top of the tch, turn.
- Row 4: ch 3 (counts as a dc), skip 1st dc, working in both loops of sts, 1dc in each st across, 1dc in top of the tch, turn.
Repeat rows 1-4 until you have reached your desired length.
Example of the Loopy Ridges Stitch. Right Side (Click for Larger Image)
Example of the Loopy Ridges Stitch. Wrong Side (Click for Larger Image)