This crochet tutorial will help you learn how to crochet the granule stitch. The granule stitch creates a bulky but delicate textured design. The granule stitch would be great for hats, baby booties, and scarves!
- Chain Stitch
- Single Crochet
- Picot Single Crochet- insert hook, yo, draw loop through, [yo, draw through 1 loop] 3 times to make 3ch, yo, draw through both loops on hook.
Foundation Chain:Multiple of 4 + 1
Note: Draw picot chain loops to the back (right side) of fabric.
- Row 1: (Right Side): 1sc into 2nd ch from hook, 1sc into each ch to end, turn.
- Row 2: 1ch, 1sc into first st, *1Psc into next st, 1sc into next st; rep from * to end, skip tch, turn.
- Row 3: 1ch, 1sc into first and each st to end, skip tch, turn.
- Row 4: 1ch, 1sc into each of first 2 sts, *1Psc into next st, 1sc into next st; rep from * to last st, 1sc into last st, skip tch, turn.
- Row 5: 1ch, 1sc into first and each st to end, skip tch, turn.
Repeat rows 2-5 until you have reached your desired length.