The Fan and V Stitch creates an adorable fan pattern on the surface of your fabric. The Fan and V Stitch would be great for hats, baby blankets and scarves!
Tracie Too is a worsted spun version of Imperial’s popular woolen spun Tracie Yarn. With a very soft hand it knits up in a lovely lofty fabric. At 395 yards per skein, this yarn is a great choice for single skein shawl and sock projects. Available in eight rich colors as well as Natural.
Foundation Chain:Multiples of 8 sts + 1. Add 1 for base chain.
Note End with a wrong-side row, working [2ch, sl st to 5th dc of group, 2ch] in place of 5ch between the V sts.
- Row 1 (Right Side): 1sc into 2nd ch from hook, *skip 3ch, 9dc into next ch, skip 3ch, 1sc into next ch; rep from * to end, turn.
- Row 2: 3ch (count as 1dc), 1dc into first st, *5ch, skip 9dc group, work a V st of [1dc, 1ch, 1dc] into next sc; rep from * ending 5ch, skip last 9dc group, 2dc into last sc, skip tch, turn.
- Row 3: 3ch (count as 1dc), 4dc into first st, *working over next 5ch so as to enclose it, work 1sc into 5th dc of group in row below**, 9dc into sp at center of next V st; rep from * ending last rep at **, 5dc into top of tch, turn.
- Row 4: 3ch, skip 5dc, V st into next sc, *5ch, skip 9dc group, V st into next sc; rep from * ending 2ch, sl st to top of tch, turn.
- Row 5: 1ch, 1sc over sl st into first st of row below, *9dc into sp at center of next V st**, working over next 5ch so to enclose it work 1sc into 5th dc of group in row below; rep from * ending last rep at **, 1sc into first ch of tch, turn.
Repeat rows 2-5 until you have reached your desired length.