This crochet tutorial will help you learn how to crochet the double arch ground stitch. This stitch creates a delicate fun lace pattern. The double arch ground stitch would be great for shawls, shrugs, and scarves!
Our fiber factory begins in Wyoming’s rugged mountain climate.Because it is so fine, mountain merino yarn is silky soft to the touch, insulates well, and feels delightful next to your skin.We process the best fiber from the best growers in the West, transforming it into extraordinary wool products: knitting and weaving yarns; handspinner roving; quilt batts; felt and more. Made in USA.
Crafted in a dense, hard wood, these hooks from Laurel Hill are a pleasure to own and use. Palmwood has a strong, dark grain - and these hooks are made with a large, comfortable-to-use flat surface for the thumb of your working hand. Palmwood is very dense so it can be finely polished- you feel no wood grain, just a fine smooth crochet surface.
Foundation Chain: Multiples of 10 + 1
- Row 1: (Wrong Side): 1sc into 14th ch from hook, *5ch, skip 4ch, 1dc into next ch**, 5ch, skip 4ch, 1sc into next ch; rep from * ending last rep at **, turn.
- Row 2: 1ch, 1sc into first dc, *6sc into next 5ch arch, 1sc into next sc, 3sc into beginning of next 5ch arch, work a back double of [4ch, then without turning work, skip 6 previous sc and work a sl st back into previous sc, now work 5sc in the normal direction into 4ch arch just worked], 3sc into remaining part of 5ch arch**, 1sc into next dc; rep from * ending last rep at **, 1sc into next ch, turn.
- Row 3: 1ch, 1sc into first st, *5ch, 1dc into 3rd of 5sc of next back double, 5ch, 1sc into sc over dc of previous row; rep from * ending last rep in last sc, turn.
- Row 4: 1ch, 1sc into first st, 3sc into beginning of next 5ch arch, turn, 2ch, skip 3 previous sc, work 1dc into first sc, 1ch, turn, 1sc into dc, 2sc into 2ch arch, 3sc into remaining part of 5ch arch, *1sc into next dc, 6sc into next 5ch arch, 1sc into next sc**, 3sc into beginning of 5ch arch, 1 back double as before, 3sc into remaining part of 5ch arch; rep from * ending last rep at **, 5ch, skip 3 previous sc, sl st back into next sc, 3sc in normal direction into beginning of 5ch arch, turn.
- Row 5: 8ch, *1sc into sc over dc of previous row, 5ch**, 1dc into 3rd of 5sc of next back double, 5ch; rep from * ending last rep at **, 1dc into last sc, skip tch, turn.
Repeat rows 2-5 until you have reached your desired length.