This crochet tutorial will help you learn how to crochet the crossed ripple stitch. This stitch creates a dense but delicate pattern. The crossed ripple stitch would be great for hats, blankets and scarves!
- Chain Stitch
- Single Crochet
- Double Crochet
- Round Front – wrap the yarn around the hook, insert the hook from in front and from right to left around the stem of the appropriate stitch. Complete the stitch normally.
Foundation Chain:Multiple of 3 + 1
- Base 1: (Wrong Side): 1sc into 2nd ch from hook, 1sc into each ch to end, turn.
- Base 2: 3ch (count as 1dc), skip 1st st, *skip next 2sts, 1dc into next st, 1ch, 1dc back into 1st of 2sts just skipped (called Crossed Pair); rep from * ending 1dc into last st, skip tch, turn.
- Row 1: 1ch, 1sc into 1st st, 1sc into next and each st and each ch sp to end working last st into top of tch, turn.
- Row 2: ch3, skip 1st sc, *skip 2sc, dc into next sc, ch1, dc/rf into dc 2 rows below.
Repeat rows 1 and 2 until you have reached your desired length.