This crochet tutorial will help you learn how to crochet the cotton candy stitch. This stitch creates a delicate pattern. The cotton candy stitch would be great for shawls, throws and wraps!
Foundation Chain:Multiple of 8 + 6
- Note: Worked with 2 colors. When dropping a color, pull up a long loop so not to lose it. After foundation row don’t turn at the end of every row.
- Foundation Row: (Wrong Side) with color A: 1sc in 2nd ch from hook, 1sc in each ch across row, turn.
- Row 1: Color A: ch1, 1sc in first sc, *ch5, skip next 3sc, 1sc in next sc, rep from * across. Drop A, draw B through loop, turn.
- Row 2: Color B: ch3 (counts as 1st dc), 4dc in next ch 5 loop, *ch3, 1sc in next ch 5 loop, ch3**, 5dc in next ch5 loop, rep from * across, ending last rep at **, 4dc in last ch 5 loop, 1dc in last sc. Pull up long loop and drop color b. Do not turn.
- Row 3: at opposite end, Color A through top of first dc, ch1, 1sc in first dc, *ch5, 1sc in next ch 3 loop, rep from * across, ending with last sc in last dc. Drop color A, draw color B through loop, turn.
- Row 4: Color B: Ch6 (counts as dc, ch3), 1sc in next ch5 loop, *ch3, 5dc in next ch5 loop, ch3, 1sc in next ch5 loop, rep from * across to last ch5 loop, ch3, 1dcin last sc. Pull up long loop and drop color B. Do not turn.
- Row 5: at opposite end, Draw A through 3rd ch, ch1, 1sc in same ch, skip next ch 3 loop, *ch5, 1sc in last dc.Drop A, draw B through loop, turn.
Repeat rows 2-5 until you have reached your desired length.