About this Stitch Pattern
This crochet tutorial will help you learn how to crochet the colleen border edging stitch. The colleen border edging stitch would be great for the edging on an afghan or a baby blanket.
[VIDEO] Stitch Pattern Tutorial
Techniques Used In This Stitch Pattern
Stitch Pattern Details
Stitch Pattern Instructions
Foundation Chain:Multiples of 4 + 2
- Foundation Row: 1dc in 6th ch from hook, *ch 1, skip next ch, 1dc in next ch, rep from * across, turn.
- Row 1: Ch 1, 1sc in first dc, *1 sc in next ch-1 space, 1 sc in next dc, rep from * across, working last sc in 3rd ch at beg ch, turn.
- Row 2: Ch 3 (counts as first dc), skip first 3 sc, *3dc in next sc, next 3 sc, rep from * across to within last 3 sts, skip next 2 sc, 1 dc in last sc, turn.
- Row 3: Ch 5 (counts as dc, ch 2), *[yo, pick up a loop in next dc, yo, draw through 2 loops on hook] 3 times, yo, draw through all 4 loops on hook (cluster made), ch 3, rep from * across to within last 4 sts, cluster in next 3 dc, ch 2, dc in top of turning ch, turn.
- Row 4: Ch 1, 1 sc in first dc, 2 sc in next ch-2 space, 1 sc in top of cluster, *3 sc in next ch-3 space, 1 sc in next cluster, rep from * across ending with 2 sc in next ch-2 space, 1 sc in top turning ch, turn.
- Row 5: Ch 4 (counts as dc, ch 1), skip first 2 sc, *1 dc in next sc, ch 1, skip next sc, rep from * across, ending with 1 dc in last sc, end off.
Stitch Pattern Swatch Photos