The Celtic Flower Motif is a gorgeous alternative to the traditional granny square. It will add a new dimension to your afghans and is also great for coasters.
Foundation Chain: Ch 5, join with a SI st to form ring
- Round 1: Ch 1, *(1 sc, ch 1, 5 dc) in ring, ch 1, rep from * 3 times, join with a Sl st in first sc (4 petals).
- Round 2: Sl st to first ch-1 sp, Sl st in each of next 2 dc, ch 1, 1 sc in same st, *ch 10, 1 sc in center of next petal, rep from * twice, ch 10, join with a Sl st in first sc.
- Round 3: Ch 1, *15 sc in next ch-10 sp, Sl st in next sc, rep from * around, join with a Sl st in first sc (60 sc).
- Round 4: Sl st in each of the next 2 sc, ch 1, starting in same sc, *1 sc in each of the 9 sc, ch 5, sk next 6 sc, rep from * 3 times, join with a Sl st in first sc.
- Round 5: Ch 1, sk first sc, *1 sc in each of 7 sc, ch 5, (1 dc, ch 5, 1 dc) in 3rd ch of next ch-5 sp, ch 5, sk next sc, rep from * 3 times, join with a Sl st in first sc (12 ch-5 sps). Fasten off.