The Blooming Granny Square Motif is a great twist on the traditional granny square by putting a flower motif at the center. The great part is it fits perfectly with other granny squares to add a little variation to your crocheted afghans.
- Chain Stitch
- Single Crochet
- Double Crochet
- Make 5 dc in next st, draw last loop through slightly. Remove hook. Insert hook in first of the 5 dc made. Pick up the dropped loop and draw through. Ch 1.
Foundation Chain: Ch 4, join with a Sl st to form ring
- Round 1: With color A, ch 1, sc 8 in ring, join with a Sl st in first sc.
- Round 2 (Popcorn Round): With color A, ch 3 (counts as a dc), 4 dc in first st, insert hook in the top of the ch3, pick up dropped loop, tighten, ch 1 to complete first popcorn, ch 1, *popcorn in next sc, ch 1, rep from * 6 times more, (8 popcorns), join with a Sl st to top of the beg ch-3, end A.
- Round 3: Join color B in any ch-1 space, ch 3 (counts as a dc now and throughout) 2 dc in same space (half corner), *ch 1, 3 dc next ch-1 sp, ch 1**, [3 dc, ch 1, 3 dc] next ch-1 space (corner), rep from * twice, rep from * to **, 3 dc in same space as beg half corner, ch 1, join with a Sl st to top of beg ch-3 (this completes first corner), end B.
- Round 4: Join color C in any corner ch-1 space, ch 3, 2 dc in same space (half corner), *[ch 1, 3 dc next ch-1 sp] twice, ch 1**, [3 dc, ch 1, 3 dc] in next ch-1 space (corner), ch 1, rep from * twice, rep from * to ** once, 3 dc in same space as beg half corner, ch 1, join with a Sl st to top of beg ch 3 (this completes first corner). Fasten off.