This crochet tutorial will help you learn how to crochet the Solomon’s knot stitch. This stitch creates a delicate mesh pattern. The Solomon’s knot stitch would be great for hats, shawls, and scarves!
- Chain Stitch
- Single Crochet
- Edge Solomon’s Knot- these form the base chain and edges of the pattern and are only two-thirds the length of MSK’s.
- Main Solomon’s Knot- these form the main pattern and are one and a half times as long as ESK’s.
Foundation Chain: Multiple of 2 Solomon’s Knots + 1
- Base Chain: 2ch, 1sc into 2nd ch from hook, now make a multiple of ESK’s (approx. 3/4in / 2cm.), ending with 1MSK (approx. 1 1/4in. / 3cm).
- Row 1: 1sc into sc between 3rd and 4th loops from hook, *2MSK, skip 2 loops, 1sc into next sc; rep from * to end, turn.
- Row 2: 2ESK and 1MSK, 1sc into sc between 4th and 5th loops from hook, *2MSK, skip 2 loops, 1sc into next sc; rep from * ending in top of ESK, turn.
Repeat row 2 until you have reached your desired length.