About this Stitch Pattern
The Front Post Double Crochet is a method for making texture on the right side of your fabric. It is made by working into the row below, and pulls the fabric up and out on the right side, forming a bump in the fabric. It’s a technique used in cables, ribbing, simulated stitches, and basketweaves.
[VIDEO] Stitch Pattern Tutorial
Techniques Used In This Stitch Pattern
Stitch Pattern Details
Stitch Pattern Instructions
- Step 1: Yo on hook.
- Step 2: Insert hook into hole next to the post of the next stitch, on the “hook side.”
- Step 3: Bring the hook back to the front of the fabric from behind the post, to the hole farther from the hook.
- Step 4: Yo and draw through a loop, bringing it through both sides of the fabric. (3 loops remaining on hook)
- Step 5: Yo and draw through 2 loops on hook. (2 loops remaining on hook)
- Step 6: Yo and draw through remaining 2 loops on hook.