The Foundation Half Double Crochet is a method of beginning a project allows you to work your foundation row at the same time as your first row, using the half double crochet stitch. It’s great for projects that may have a long foundation row. It creates a different, but attractive, style of edge than the traditional foundation chain.
- Step 1: Make a slip knot and place onto your hook.
- Step 2: Chain 3.
- Step 3: Yarn over and insert hook into first of the 3 chains, making sure to come behind the back strand.
- Step 4: Yarn over and draw through first the first chain.
- Step 5: Yarn over and chain 1.
- Step 6: Complete hdc by yo and draw through all 3 loops on hook.
Repeat steps 3 – 6 until desired number of of stitches is reached