This crochet tutorial will help you learn how to crochet the trefoil lattice stitch. This stitch creates a delicate lace pattern. The diamond lattice stitch would be great for shawls, scarves and shrugs!
- Chain Stitch
- Single Crochet
- Double Crochet
- V Stitch – [dc, ch 1, dc] in st indicated
- Trefoil- [ch 3, (sc, ch 4) 3 times, sc, ch 3] in st indicated
Number of Rows: 2
Multiples of 10 + 5
Foundation Chain: Multiples of 10 + 5
- Row 1: (Right Side): dc in 5th ch from hook, *skip 4ch, trefoil in next ch, skip 4ch, v-st in next ch; rep from * across, turn.
- Row 2: ch 5 (counts as dc, ch 2 sp), [sc, ch 4, sc, ch 3] in ch 1 sp, sk next ch 4 sp, *v-st in next ch 4 sp, trefoil in next ch 1 sp, skip next ch 4 sp; rep from * across to last trefoil, v-st in next ch 4 sp, ch 3, [sc, ch 4, sc, ch 2, dc] in 4th ch of turning chain ,turn.
- Row 3: ch 4 (counts as dc, ch 1 sp), dc in ch 2 sp, *trefoil in next ch 1 sp, skip next ch 4 sp, v-st in next ch 4 sp; rep from * across to last ch 1 sp, trefoil in next ch 1 sp, sk next ch 4 sp, v-st in turning ch, turn.
- Last Row: ch 1, sc in dc, *ch 4, sk next ch 4 sp, sc in next ch 4 sp, ch 4, sc in ch 1 sp; rep from * across working last sc in turning ch, fasten off.
Repeat rows 2 and 3 until you have reached your desired length.
Example of the Trefoil Lattice Stitch. Reversible (Click for Larger Image)