This crochet tutorial will help you learn how to crochet the trefoil lattice stitch. This stitch creates a delicate lace pattern. The diamond lattice stitch would be great for shawls, scarves and shrugs!
LanaMundi Yarns Tajik Mohair comes from the Asht region of Northern Tajikistan which is the center of Angora goat production. Only the best quality Angora kid fleeces are used for spinning this, strong yet soft, mohair yarn. The quality of this fingering-weight, two-ply yarn and the hand-spinning and dying are excellent; however, as with any handspun yarn, you may find some slight variation in thickness and color consistency.
The hook by which all others are measured! Skacel's most popular hook features a comfort grip handle. The famous addi Comfort Grip crochet hooks feature color-coded handles for ease of organization and perfect for those crocheteers seeking an ergonomic crochet hook.
- Chain Stitch
- Single Crochet
- Double Crochet
- V Stitch – [dc, ch 1, dc] in st indicated
- Trefoil- [ch 3, (sc, ch 4) 3 times, sc, ch 3] in st indicated
Number of Rows: 2
Multiples of 10 + 5
Foundation Chain: Multiples of 10 + 5
- Row 1: (Right Side): dc in 5th ch from hook, *skip 4ch, trefoil in next ch, skip 4ch, v-st in next ch; rep from * across, turn.
- Row 2: ch 5 (counts as dc, ch 2 sp), [sc, ch 4, sc, ch 3] in ch 1 sp, sk next ch 4 sp, *v-st in next ch 4 sp, trefoil in next ch 1 sp, skip next ch 4 sp; rep from * across to last trefoil, v-st in next ch 4 sp, ch 3, [sc, ch 4, sc, ch 2, dc] in 4th ch of turning chain ,turn.
- Row 3: ch 4 (counts as dc, ch 1 sp), dc in ch 2 sp, *trefoil in next ch 1 sp, skip next ch 4 sp, v-st in next ch 4 sp; rep from * across to last ch 1 sp, trefoil in next ch 1 sp, sk next ch 4 sp, v-st in turning ch, turn.
- Last Row: ch 1, sc in dc, *ch 4, sk next ch 4 sp, sc in next ch 4 sp, ch 4, sc in ch 1 sp; rep from * across working last sc in turning ch, fasten off.
Repeat rows 2 and 3 until you have reached your desired length.
Example of the Trefoil Lattice Stitch. Reversible (Click for Larger Image)