About this Stitch Pattern
This video crochet tutorial will help you learn how to crochet the magic circle. This can also be referred to as the magic ring or loop technique. This technique is used to begin patterns that start in the center of the project. The magic circle is great for amigurumi, flowers, and shawls from the center and hats!
[VIDEO] Stitch Pattern Tutorial
Techniques Used In This Stitch Pattern
Stitch Pattern Details
Stitch Pattern Instructions
- Step 1: Take tail of yarn, lay over palm of hand with tail facing down, wrap yarn around four fingers.
- Step 2: Insert your crochet hook under both strands of yarn, yarn over and draw through big loop around fingers.
- Step 3: Yarn over, draw through loop on hook, remove loop from hand.
- Step 4: Single crochet into the loop that you’ve created.
- Step 5: Repeat single crochet until you have created the amount of stitches desired for pattern.
Take tail of yarn and pull tight to close up loop, and finish round with slip stitch into first stitch.
Stitch Pattern Swatch Photos