This video crochet tutorial will help you learn how to crochet the magic circle. This can also be referred to as the magic ring or loop technique. This technique is used to begin patterns that start in the center of the project. The magic circle is great for amigurumi, flowers, and shawls from the center and hats!
Woolspun, with an exquisite range of neutrals and vivid classic colors, will quickly become your go-to yarn. The 12-ply construction means that garments drape beautifully and afghans and warm weather accessories have a cushiony soft bounce to them. Sold exclusively at Michaels and LionBrand.com
Crystal Palaces' Bamboo Crochet Hooks are lovely, and feel great in your hand. These 6 inch crochet hooks are made from specially selected, cured, and finished bamboo for an exceptionally smooth feel. Made in Japan.
- Step 1: Take tail of yarn, lay over palm of hand with tail facing down, wrap yarn around four fingers.
- Step 2: Insert your crochet hook under both strands of yarn, yarn over and draw through big loop around fingers.
- Step 3: Yarn over, draw through loop on hook, remove loop from hand.
- Step 4: Single crochet into the loop that you’ve created.
- Step 5: Repeat single crochet until you have created the amount of stitches desired for pattern.
Take tail of yarn and pull tight to close up loop, and finish round with slip stitch into first stitch.
The Magic Circle — Open
The Magic Circle — Closed